good news

GOOD NEWS TRAVELS FAST – THIS WEEK IN SNEAKERS

GOOD NEWS TRAVELS FAST – THIS WEEK IN SNEAKERS

by Jack Cook
4 min
good news
GOOD NEWS ©

With Christmas fast approaching, sneakerheads across the globe will be writing their wish-lists with a wide range of upcoming sneaker releases. Fortunately, brands are showing no signs of slowing down as we are set for some of the hottest releases of the year in the final weeks of 2021. 

Collaborations dominate this week’s drops, with Nike and New Balance set to release a few eye-catching kicks. I also highlight the London-based footwear label GOOD NEWS on its quest for making trainers more sustainable. Take a read below to get the inside scoop on what to get your fellow footwear collector this Christmas. 

SUSTAINABILITY IS KEY
If you haven’t heard of GOOD NEWS yet, now is the perfect time to get acquainted. The London-based brand makes conscious shoes, meaning they take tremendous strides towards a more sustainable sneaker. All key materials in GOOD NEWS AW21 drop are organic or recyclable. This means you can feel good about updating your sneaker rotation whilst also making the right moves towards saving the planet. 

The brands 70s-inspired silhouettes feature retro materials like corduroy and vintage Morrocan Raffia cotton across the uppers. The outsoles on GOOD NEWS sneakers are generally crafted from 70% recycled rubber from old shoe soles. The other 30% comes from natural rubber sources. Vibrant colorways paired with a serious sustainability plan makes GOOD NEWS one of the hottest sneaker brands around right now. However, don’t take my word for it. Check out the website and take a look for yourself. You won’t be disappointed.

GOOD NEWS
GOOD NEWS ©

SNEAKERSNSTUFF X NEW BALANCE 574 GREEN VOILET
Footwear connoisseur’s Sneakernstuff return to the collaboration game, linking up with Boston’s New Balance on a unique take of the 574 silhouette. A mix of materials is used across the upper, with plush suede and luxurious leather both featuring. Earth tones dominate the design, with a blend of green hues covering this version of the NB 574. Co-branding can be found throughout the sneaker’s design, with this sneaker adding to the iconic back catalogue of the New Balance x SNS collaboration. 

This low-top retro silhouette has long been a fan favourite for collectors of New Balance. The numerous tones of green combined with pops of violet and beige make this sneaker the must-have Winter shoe. Do not miss the chance to add this 574 to your rotation. 

new balance
New Balance ©

KAWS X SACAI X NIKE BLAZER LOW PURPLE MULTI
If you were to ask members of the sneaker community what their dream collaboration would be, this silhouette may just be the answer they would propose. Artist Brian Donnelly, known professionally as KAWS, is a massive presence within the sneaker and streetwear community. Previously, Donnelly has had mega-successful collaborations with Jordan Brand, so I am ecstatic to see him join forces with sacai on the Nike Blazer. 

Chitose Abe’s design aspects are ever-present, with layered swooshes and tongues featuring across the sneaker. The intentional colour clash across the upper is a move that only a pop artist like KAWS and luxury fashion powerhouse Abe could come up with, with the striking silhouette guaranteed to turn heads. 

KAWS sneaker collaborations do not come around often, let alone alongside geniuses such as the team at sacai. This Nike Blazer is a must-cop for any sneakerhead or KAWS collector. 

sacai kaws nike
sacai ©

CASABLANCA X NEW BALANCE XC-72 CREAM
Casablanca Paris is currently flourishing within the luxury fashion space, but the brand’s impact within the sneaker industry that impresses me the most. Credited with creating brand new silhouettes such as the New Balance 327, one of the brand’s biggest sellers, Casablanca turned its focus to a “Grand-Prix” inspired sneaker. 

The XC-72 combines luxury fashion with athleisure expertly, with a combination of retro and futuristic components throughout the sneaker’s design—a variety of suede and leather features, with the silhouette covered in cream tones. Staying true to the brand’s identity, gold accents feature on the tongue and laces of the shoes. A chunky sole unit that would not look out of place on the grids of the Formula 1 track completes the New Balance XC-72 complex appearance. 

new balance
Casablanca ©

in other news

Comment

JOIN THE CULTED COMMUNITY TO GET THE LATEST ON FASHION, ART AND CULTURE