Black LGBTQ+ Organisations You Can Donate To This Pride Month.
Music by: KV – Home.
With Pride month well underway we’ve put together a list of organisations you can donate to who are uplifting and supporting the Black LGBTQ+ community across the globe.
First up is UK Black Pride, “a grassroots movement that advocates, fights for, supports and celebrates LGBTQ people of colour”. Your donations go towards community outreach, hardship funds and their annual celebrations.
Next up, we have the Solutions Not Punishment Co. Their mission is to raise awareness and bring an end to the “the mass crisis of passive genocide, incarceration and criminalisation” of Black and LGBTQ+ communities, with a specific focus on Black trans women.
The Bisi Alimi Foundation is another great charity, working “towards a Nigeria where everyone is equal irrespective of Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity.”
Up next, we have The Naz Project London. NAZ are addressing the large gap in the sexual health outcomes of BAME communities, delivering culturally-specific free sexual health services to those historically left behind.
We’ve listed more great organisations below so go check them out and donate if you can!
- Black LGBTQIA Therapy Fund
- Emergency Release Fund
- Exist Loudly Fund to Support Queer Black Young People
- For the Gworls
- Homeless Black Trans Woman Fund
- The Griffin-Gracy Educational Retreat & Historical Center’s (a.k.a. “House of GG”)
- The Marsha P Johnson Institute
- The Okra Project
- The Tony McDade Fundraiser
- Trans Women of Color Survival Fund
- UK QTIBIPOC Emergency relief & Hardship Fund
Watch more videos on CULTED
See also: LGBTQ+ MARKETING: THE PINK POUND DEBATE